Thursday, December 20, 2007

humor



You have to admire that humor will get you through some disappointing times better than other things. So today, I tried humor in a speech about myself and the phrase "bumbye pau" I told the story of my growing up poor and philosophical. A little girl who asks God to help her not to hate. I think that all along God has created in the human race a think to worship him. It is not malevolent in anyway, but our sin has made us all skeptics. Our sin has blinded us to his generosity and benevolence. It's so sad that this is funny. Last year Lynne was working at Victoria's secrets and this year at the Food Bank. I know you know this but I just love Lynne. I find myself growing a tad particular about who I say this to in my old age. But I said it to several people today. And I said this to someone that I was once really angry with.

I know that I prayed to a God I did not know at the time, but now I pray to a God that I do know. So well in fact that I call him father. That's not funny, it must be God.

irma

No comments: